Friday, January 29, 2010

Nothing for a whiles.

Okay, so I haven't exactly been keeping up to date with my blogging. Sue me. Is it my fault that I have an actual life outside of this magically window to another world in front of me? I suspect not...but I have no proof.

So I guess I'll just fill you in on what I've been doing lately until I find something more exciting to talk about. I've been going to class and looking for a job. That pretty much sums it up. The class is Colonial America, and is actually a pleasant surprise. I was expecting the usual hum-drum Jamestown to Revolution shpiel, but instead we're going quite deeply into EARLY colonization of the AMERICAS, rather than the U.S. proper. So I'm learning a lot about early Mesoamerican cultures and stuff...and it's pretty cool. So class isn't boring, like I thought it might be (no offense, Dr. ******! Colonial U.S. history is just not my bag!).

As for the job...well, that's pretty self-explanatory. I'm finding that it's difficult to score a job, at least in "the city" or my hometown. I might have to start looking around in "the city" (yeah, yeah, I know...civvie internet OPSEC). That would cut into my potential funding through gas usage, but it's better than nothing.

So that's what I've been up to lately. Maybe my life will become more interesting tomorrow.

----B.P.

No comments: