Thursday, January 07, 2010

Wisdom from the Old Man

(pretty amazing what you can do to yourself with MSPaint.)

Ahhhh, young ones...gather 'round and ready your tender ears. I shall now, in the beneficence of my aged grace, pass on to you sacred words of knowledge from ancient days yon past...
Damn, I feel OLD. Just looking back over the archived posts on this blog makes me feel like a rheumy 80-yr old. By simply analyzing the tone of my sarcasm and wit (poor excuse though it may be) I am able to see how much I've grown...or at least changed. The stumbling humor found in some of my earlier posts is but a nipping puppy compared to the mighty canid power of my....bored with the analogies yet? I am.
It just struck me how much I've aged in the past 3 years, both mentally and physically. I swear, it's just like good 'ol daddy always huffed to me: "Turn around thrice and you're MY age!" I'm scared to turn around! It's not that I'm tired of life or exhausted or anything morose like that, it's just that I don't usually notice the passage of time in large increments. It's hard enough to keep track of my own BIRTHDAY! Who the hell can keep track of YEARS? And they's be movin' Jimmy Boy, they's be movin'.
I get the same feeling when I see high school kids walking around. Dear Christ Almighty Frozen Custard God, was I ever that young? Was I ever that oblivious and obvious and ignorant? And tiny? I feel the same size as always but now when I see high schoolers, for some reason they look so small and innocent, like witto itty kiddies. Very scary to see them in large doses.
Alright, not much more to say. It's just amazing how quickly time passes and how little we notice it until moments like these...when it's too late. Man, I need to get stuff DONE. I have so many things I want to do in my life and there's precious little of that left in which to accomplish it. At least I'm almost done with college. *sigh* Onward to the breach, I s'pose....
----BlindProphet
P.S. Crap. I'm going to look ugly when I'm old.

No comments: